Your body's ability to heal is greater than anyone
has permitted you to believe.
Nine Steps to Treating Autoimmune Disease:
- Check for hidden infections — yeast, viruses, bacteria, Lyme, etc. — with the help of a doctor, and treat them.
- Check for hidden food allergens with IgG food testing or just try The AIP Diet, which is designed to eliminate most food allergens.
- Get tested for celiac disease, which is a blood test that any doctor can do.
- Get checked for heavy metal toxicity. Mercury and other metals can cause autoimmunity.
- Fix your gut. For details, see my blog.
- Use nutrients such as zinc, vitamin C, vitamin D, and probiotics to help calm your immune response naturally.
- Exercise regularly — it’s a natural anti-inflammatory.
- Practice deep relaxation like yoga, deep breathing, biofeedback, or massage, because stress worsens the immune response.
- Search for a Functional Medicine doctor or— go to www.functionalmedicine.org for more information and to get a copy of the Textbook for Functional Medicine.